The Middle School Confirmation preparation is for students who will be in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade in the fall 2017. This sacramental preparation runs from March through October. Classes are held on Sundays from 3:30-5:45pm with Monthly Home Sessions.
Confirmation is the sacrament of initiation in which a baptized Catholic, through prayers, imposition of hands and the anointing with chrism, receives a special outpouring of the Holy Spirit that completes Baptismal grace. The sacrament of Confirmation impresses a character, and by it the baptized, continuing on the path of Christian initiation, are enriched by the gifts of the Holy Spirit and bound more perfectly to the Church. It strengthens them and obliges them more firmly to be witnesses to Christ by word and deed and to spread and defend the faith! Our preparation process helps the middle schooler prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation through the evangelizing and catechizing.
Registration is for students who:
- Will be in 6th, 7th or 8th grade in the fall 2017
- Are currently in a religious education class with a minimum of 80% attendance rate (If not a STM program, please attach a letter of participation from the parish)
- Are baptized Catholic and have received their First Eucharist
We ask the candidates to complete the following four components and meet regularly with their Confirmation sponsor:
1. CATECHESIS COMPONENT – Catechesis is taught at home with 5 monthly support classes at the church for both parents and candidates. All monthly Candidate/Parent classes will be held on Sunday afternoons from 3:30pm - 5:15pm.
2. RETREAT COMPONENT – Attend at least one retreat during the Confirmation preparation time.
3. FAITH IN ACTION COMPONENT – Volunteer for at least 8 hours by serving the parish for at least 4 hours and outside the parish for at least 4 hours through service to others.
4. YOUTH MINISTRY COMPONENT – Be involved in regular, weekly youth ministry throughout the Confirmation preparation as well as ongoing participation in youth ministry after they are confirmed.
After registering, please attend ONE of the PARENT & CANDIDATE (child) Information Meetings.
- Sunday, March 5, 2017 ~ 3:30-5:15pm in McCallin Hall
- Sunday, March 12, 2017 ~ 3:30-5:15pm in McCallin Hall
- Sunday, March 19, 2017 ~ 3:30-5:15pm in McCallin Hall
Childcare is available for anyone who RSVP’s 72 hours in advance to 303-770-0531 ext. 0
If your child was Baptized or made their First Eucharist anywhere other than St Thomas More a copy of the certificates are required and should be electronically attached to your online registration form. Registration is not considered complete until all documents and payment is received. Please call our registrar, Patty Harrison 303-770-0531 x8, with any questions.
Please Note: Prior to proceeding with online registration please make certain you have copies of your child's certificates, letter of participation (if applicable) and your valid envelope number if you are a current and active parishioner.
Register ONLINE or in the Office of Catechesis.
For questions, contact Whitney Elliott at email or 303-770-0531 ext. 1